Today I would like to present to you one of my favourite breakfast (or snack – you can eat it anytime) bowls 🙂 I am not here to tell you the health benefits etc, 1- because I am not sure there are any, and 2- because I am not a nutritionist. All I can tell you is mostly anything which contains grains and fruits, automatically contains lots of carbs and sugar. But honestly, we live once, so try to find a good balance and don’t deprive yourself of the joys of life 😉
The bowl I am going to present to you right now is VERY easy and quick to make, and it almost tastes like ice cream (compromises are great, yaaaay!)
I eat it often because I am a sweet tooth, I love fruits (especially berries) and my all time favourite food is ice cream. If you think you have something in common with me you should definitely read this till the end, get up, go buy the ingredients, taste and, if you like it (or not) share your thoughts with me!
All you need are:
- 300g of frozen strawberries (room temperature will not give you that ice cream feeling)
- 100g of white yoghurt (I use a fat free one)
- A drop of milk (dairy or non, whichever you prefer)
- 25g of your favourite Müsli (I used Crunchy Chocolate Müsli from Brüggen) – if you don’t want to increase the sugar amount in this recipe leave the müsli out! But it will not be the same 🙂
- Coconut (in chunks or not)
- One tea spoon of Chia
So now that you have everything here is what you need to do:
- Crash the strawberries with a mixer and both the milk and the yoghurt to it, and keep mixing
- Once ready, serve to taste (I tend to overdo on this one) and top with the other ingredients
Easy huh? If you have any comments, or thoughts, don´t hesitate to share below and check out my Instagram account @thepeteway ❤
Lots of Love!